my fellow blogathonner from the strawberry ghetto was getting a little comatose earlier on. i know my energy is probably going to crash at some point later on so i thought i’d tell you what i know works in such situations (and if i’m with it enough, i might report later on how it worked for me)
- no sugar, alcohol or caffeine. these are artificial mood and energy altering substances. they’ll give you a temporary high and then you crash
- eat a little snack every two hours. make sure it contains protein. almonds are really good for this. i personally don’t like crunching on almonds so i have some hoummus, refried beans, boiled eggs and cheese on hand
- state changes! state changes! don’t stay in that chair for longer than 30 minutes. get up, move around!
- go for a quick brisk walk
- if you can, catnap. don’t do it longer for 15 minutes – otherwise you’ll feel groggy
- if you can’t catnap, lie down in a dark-ish room for five minutes
- have a shower
- do some quick yoga or tai chi
- clap your hands
- listen to upbeat music
- hug your significant other
- play with the cat
any other tips?
this is an entry for my participation in the 2008 blogathon, a 24-hour marathon of blogging. please support the cause and donate – however much, however little – to the canadian mental health association (vancouver/burnaby branch). to donate, email me or use this URL: www.canadahelps.org/CharityProfilePage.aspx?CharityID=d2252. you should be able to get there by clicking the link; if not, just copy and paste the link into your browser. it will take you to the appropriate location at canada helps.
thank you for visiting, reading, commenting and, if you can, donating!