good monday, everyone!
that’s why i’m really happy to be one of the hosts in my friend vivien’s social media mega project over at inspirationbit. i’m going to be hosting the twitter part of it (and actually also the LinkedIn part, over on alphablogs.)
sidebar – what is social media?
social media incorporates the online technology and methods through which people can share content, personal opinions, swap different perspectives and insights into world issues and generally discuss the evolution of media in itself.
social media website content can come in many shapes and forms:
text – text is often used to put across opinions or write blog posts
images – images and photos can display anything from holiday photos to shots by professional photographers.
audio – social media lets you create podcasts for users to download.
video – video sites mean that you’ll be able to record a video of your child’s birthday for friends all over the world to see.
(thanks to big mouth media for this definition)
in this group writing project, each hosting blogger hosts a section of this project dedicated to one specific social media site. then all participants will join forces by putting together all the pieces to publish what vivien calls the “ultimate list of resources on social media sites.”
so … do you have experience with twitter? share with us how you work and play with twitter. here are a few ideas:
how do you integrate twitter into your blogging, work and/or life? what are your good or bad experiences? how would you compare twitter with other social media sites? what do you and don’t you like about twitter? how did you benefit from becoming a frequent user? what secrets have you learned?
tell us about it!
here are the guidelines:
- write a post on your blog about twitter.
- contact me with your name, email and a permalink to your post. if you don’t have your own blog, you can always write a guest post on my blog, or simply send me your thoughts by contacting me in person.
- once i collect the links from all participants and publish them on my blog, you can write another post and link to either all or only your favourite articles by other bloggers.
- you can contribute one article per project/site. you are more than welcome to visit other participating blogs that host projects dedicated to the different social media sites we are talking about and take part in those projects by submitting your articles about other social networking sites.
- if you want to submit an article that talks about more than one social media site, that’s fine, but you can only submit it once, to one host.
- if you’d like to submit an article that was written in the past, please make sure that the information is still current, and please edit the article to show the link to the overall project as well the link to the host to which you are submitting the article.
here are two more guidelines, added after talking to a few more people:
the project runs until march 22, 2008. on march 24, 2008, vivien from InspirationBit will collect all the posts in one big super mega hyper article about social media. (NOTE: these dates have been extended from their orginal february dates.)
and if you’re curious what other social media we’re looking at, here is the complete list. if you have experience with any of these sites, please write about it and submit the post to the respective blogger.
- del.icio.us. host: aaron stroud from on financial success
- facebook. host: ina from inspiring wear
- flickr & zooomr. host: brian auer from epic edits
- twitter and LinkedIn. host: isabella mori from change therapy and alphablogs
- stumbleupon, youtube, myspace. host: karen zara from a1-fan-fun
- sphinn. host simonne from all tips and tricks
- second life. host dandellion from metaverse
- mixx, netscape, squidoo. host: pearl from fresh perspectives
- sk*rt, blogging zoom, bvibes. host: jhs from colloquium
- digg, reddit: host: vivien at inspirationbit
- technorati: host: monica at me like the interweb