15 words of wisdom i’ve picked up over the last year or so:
- we grow in a climate of love, not a climate of judgment. that’s why we need to make sure we don’t judge ourselves and others.
- it takes a village to raise a child, and it takes a village to heal from our wounds.
- nobody owes you forgiveness.
- the only dependence that works is dependence on goodness.
- it’s ok to listen to what the dysfunctional parts of me say – i just don’t let them run the show.
- in healing your relationships, ask yourself: what do the people i my life want from me that i can give them, and that will bring them and myself joy?
- when in doubt, don’t say it – you can always add something but you can’t make something unsaid.
- when things get too crazy, i excuse myself, go to the washroom, and pray.
- guilt gets in the way of healing.
- setting boundaries does not mean imposing one’s will.
- how about moving from people pleasing to just being pleasant to people, including yourself?
- going from “i can’t!” to “really? i can’t?”
- people pleasing is a form of selfish manipulation. it’s trying to make them like me.
- she had enough trouble being kind to herself. she didn’t need to hang around people who were hostile to her on top of it.
- the answer is always: stay in the moment, and be loving.
counselling in vancouver