fifteen really short stories that have crossed my path in fifteen years of counselling:
- depressed, manic. manic, depressed. depressed, manic.
- marry you? you gotta be kidding.
- have anxiety, will not travel. help!
- too thin. better eat. that’s hard.
- “can’t think straight.” “relax.” “oh, wow!”
- booze, cocaine and needles? that’s over.
- drank all day. joined AA. recovered.
- felt crazy. psych hospital. crazier yet!
- “i laugh too much!” “thatta problem?”
- mom can’t remember my name. sad.
- ouch! can you help me? sure.
- dentists scared me. shrink helped me.
- wedding cake, kids, debt, divorce, freedom.
- pink elephants, hear voices? me, too.
- found higher power. feel better now.
actually, there’s more than 15 but seeing that today is the 15th and i have 15 years of counselling under my belt, i thought that would be a good number.
what’s all this about? through my contacts at LinkedIn, i met video storyteller director tom, who pointed me to this short short story contest at middlezonemusings. the idea is to tell a story in six words.
so i cobbled together some stories. the words are brief. the stories themselves, what really happened – some of them are pretty long. you fill in the blanks.
you got any stories? send them. (and don’t forget about the free lunch!)
counselling in vancouver
p.s. let’s see what other bloggers come up with. i’m tagging nickie’s nook, whitterer on autism, lion and magic boy, carol sill, tina , d.p. at ripple of hope, and jay sennett.