this post marks ID#1000 on my site. dear web site, let me take this opportunity to thank you.
- you’ve taught me so much! i don’t even know where to begin. just today i learned about a new quirk in wordpress. (if you post lots of posts, some entries can accidentally get stuck in a sort of draft mode limbo that looks like a real post but isn’t)
- if i ever had doubts that there was something i couldn’t write – you’ve dispersed them, the way a lieutenant disperses a soldier’s doubts. especially with this crazy blogathon. you just do it. period.
- and the people i’ve met. the other day i wanted to put together a list of people who had linked to me in the last six months. after a while i had to give up, the list is just too long. i would have never, never met all these people without you, dear site.
- you’ve helped me really move into the internet, which is a world in its own. i don’t “use” the internet. i dwell in it; you have made me a true netizen.
- you haven’t helped me make as much money as i hoped. but you are beginning to show me that maybe it’s not about money. maybe i’m part of a bunch of people (a BIG bunch of people) who are starting to work on a moneyless economy
- did i mention the people i’ve met?
this is an entry for my participation in the 2008 blogathon, a 24-hour marathon of blogging. please support the cause and donate – however much, however little – to the canadian mental health association (vancouver/burnaby branch). to donate, email me or use this URL: www.canadahelps.org/CharityProfilePage.aspx?CharityID=d2252. you should be able to get there by clicking the link; if not, just copy and paste the link into your browser. it will take you to the appropriate location at canada helps.
thank you for visiting, reading, commenting and, if you can, donating!